If you’ve never been to Trader Joe’s, you’re seriously seriously missing out. If you don’t have one near you, I am so sorry!
If you follow me just about anywhere, you will know that TJ’s is one of my favorite places. I absolutely love shopping there, and it may be somewhat obnoxious how excited I get to go there. My mom and I make the trek out there (the closest one to me is about 30 minutes away) once a week to stock up on the deliciousness.
The first time that I ever stepped into one was years ago. I was back home in California and we stopped there quick to get flowers. I never did get a chance to look around and fall in love with it until recently…fast forward to a couple months ago when I realized that there was one near me! I ran to Twitter before my first trip and made a list of what everyone said were there favorite items. I got a few that were suggested and then just picked up things that looked good. I was hooked after that.
Now, every time I go, I have my “staple” items. I get these every single time…I decided that I would share them with you!
1. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. These should be on everyone’s must have list, or the milk chocolate ones if you’re not a dark chocolate fan. THESE ARE SO ADDICTING. Also, they’re the number one thing that I was told to get. I try to limit myself to one a day, you know, when the sweet tooth strikes. It’s very easy to over indulge on these, though, because they are like heaven in your mouth.
2. Avocados. It’s so hard to find any store around here that has good, ripe avocados all the time. I am obsessed with them and will put them with everything, so it’s nice to have a place to get ripe ones.
3. Dried Cranberries 4. Pistachio Nutmeats 5. Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries. While all three of these are delicious on their own, I grouped them together because I LOVE making my own trail mix with them. Trader Joe’s has an entire section filled with different nuts, dried fruits, and all around goodies. Of course, dried cranberries and pistachio nutmeat are pretty self-explanatory…I was intrigued by the Powerberries, though! I’ll go ahead and give you a minute to laugh at the word ‘nutmeat’.
Feel Better? Ok! So… I was in the candy aisle picking up my PB cups when I came across these power berries. They sounded interesting so, I picked them up. They are DELICIOUS. Like little balls of chocolate-y fruity goodness. I definitely recommend checking them out, whether you want to add them to an energy boosting trail mix like I did, or just snack on them alone.
6. Coconut Oil Spray. Again, pretty self-explanatory. I use this to cook EVERYTHING with. I’ve ditched the PAM and sprays of the like in my attempts to be healthier.
7. Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip. …We will pretend for a moment that I wasn’t just talking about being and eating healthier. This dip is sinfully delicious. You had me at bacon, Trader Joe’s, you had me at bacon.
8. Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. I’ll be the first one to say that when it comes to cooking, I’m lazy. If there’s anything out there that speeds up the process to get the food into my mouth quicker, I’m all about it. So, yes, I do buy chicken that’s already cooked. This is GREAT to throw in salads, sandwiches, whatever. They have a few other flavors as well such as Teriyaki and Lemon, but I like to keep it simple.
9. Everything Bagels 10. Wheat Free Toaster Waffles 11. Hashbrowns. These are all super quick and easy breakfast options. The bagels are a little crusty on the outside and then soft and chewy on the inside, which I like. I don’t like ones that are all squishy or rock hard. These have a happy medium.
My mom has been on a gluten-free kick, and decided to pick these waffles up. They’re yummy and I can’t tell the difference between them and an Eggo. They even taste a little better.
I’m a sucker for potatoes, and packaging, what can I say? These hash browns are delicious! I cook them in coconut oil. They taste pretty much like McDonald’s hash browns. Again, not the healthiest of options.
12. Reduced Guilt Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. Do I feel less guilty when I plow through a bag of these? Probably not. They’re yummy nonetheless.
I hope you enjoyed my must haves from Trader Joe’s! Honorable mentions to their jarred coconut oil (which I blogged about here), their Oven Roasted Turkey and Peppered Salami, all of their cheeses, their Flour tortillas and their Vanana Organic Yogurt! It’s banana AND vanilla!
If you haven’t checked out anything that I listed, you should!
If you have your own favorites, please share them with me! I’m always looking for new things to try when I’m shopping.